Geotechnical/Civil Site Engineer
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Hamilton based working across the Waikato Region
- Residential Construction Monitoring – watch your community grow
- Be our technical eyes on site
Contribute to quality construction in your community. Business is booming in the Waikato – come join us.
What we offer
Our people are our focus, and we pride ourselves on living our values of family, learning, fun and honesty. We truly look out for one another to achieve the best for our clients and support our people in their development. We invite you to join our welcoming, social team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company.
CORE50 Engineers has earned a reputation as one of NZ’s leading structural and civil engineering consultancies offering design work nationwide and on-site engineering services across the Waikato region. With our commitment to quality, having technical eyes on sight is imperative – which is why we need you!
This is an autonomous position where you will get to manage your own day to meet agreed client timeframes including regular contact with clients and contractors. You’ll get to spend much of your time out on the road completing construction monitoring and associated reports for new and ongoing construction projects.
You are a technical expert in NZ’s residential construction industry, either a civil engineer who prefers being on site to being behind a desk, or a qualified building professional with inspection experience. Strong attention to detail with a big picture approach will ensure all factors are considered for sign off. To be successful in this role you will be familiar with working in a fast paced, high volume environment, comfortable prioritising conflicting priorities, thinking on your feet and be a confident communicator able to effectively guide all stakeholders to reach successful outcomes. In addition, you’ll have strong attention to detail, good record keeping and be process-driven. Key requirements are:
- Relevant qualifications e.g. Certificate, NZDE (or equivalent), BE or BTech
- Soil/ Site Assessment experience using hand and machine tools (i.e., shear vane, scala, clegg hammer, NDM)
- Residential site experience preferred
- Construction monitoring and site assessments/testing experience for residential civil engineering work
- Broad civil engineering understanding of Residential and Commercial requirements
- Knowledge of current District Council and National rules & regulations, NZ Building codes, construction methods and practices
- NZS3604, NZS4431, NZS4404, NZS4402
- Full, NZ driver’s licence
- The right to live and work in NZ
- Health and Safety focus
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]